As part of the EIC Tech to Market Programme (EIC T2M), the European Innovation Council (EIC) invites EIC Pathfinder (former FET-Open and FET- Proactive) and EIC Transition beneficiaries to apply for the EIC T2M Bootcamp for innovative researchers. The virtual initiative takes place on the 17th, the 18th and the 19th of April 2023 with one last pitching day on the 15th of May 2023, consisting of collective workshops to explore in depth all major components of deep tech pitch, value proposition, team, roadmap.
What to expect from it?
The EIC T2M Bootcamp for innovative researchers aims to help preferably teams and early-stage startups but also individual researchers navigate through the entrepreneurial world and acquire the right skills to successfully exit the lab and scale their developments with a technology or product ready for the market.
It’s a 4 full days programme divided in two sequences (3+1), held one month apart. In addition, during this month between the 2 sequences, you will have the possibility to get advice from coaches to deep dive on all the important elements of your pitch (value proposition, customers, product market fit, team, IP, roadmap…).
It comprises an out-of-the-box approach to nurture your major business model hypotheses:
- Shape all components of your business model
- Build a strong pitch and get it challenged
- Create a first network of young entrepreneurs
Activities and timeline:
– 4 days split into two parts:
- 3 consecutive days of deep-dive workshops on selected topics to get feedback from experts
- 1 day –one month later- of pitch workshop
– Office hours with experts after the first 3 days and before the last one (3 weeks), to dig with you all around the major entrepreneurial topics and get your pitch ready to be challenged
Topics of deep dive sessions:
- Mission Statement
- Value proposition
- Customer Discovery
- Product/Market Fit
- Intro to finance & Licence negotiation
- Team presentation
Who can apply?
The application for this initiative is open only to EIC Pathfinder (ex. FET-Open and FET-Proactive) and EIC Transition beneficiaries. Please note that projects from all domains and sectors are welcome to apply.
The EIC T2M Bootcamp for innovative researchers is open to motivated teams of researchers and to individual researchers. For teams, complementary profiles are considered to form eligible and successful teams and provide high-quality engagement. The profile of participants can be:
- Entrepreneurial lead/representative: responsible for the business orientation and entrepreneurial side of the idea/innovation (usually postdocs, PhD students or any researcher that could imagine herself or himself as a potential entrepreneur or a business profile).
- Technology lead/representative: responsible for the technical development of the idea/innovation.
The availability is limited, and a selection committee will choose the best applications based on the following criteria:
- Maturity and potential impact of the submitted innovation idea
- Strong motivation to work on the entrepreneurial project
EIC Business Acceleration Services
This opportunity is brought to you by the EIC Business Acceleration Services through its Tech 2 Market programme. All participants need to fill out a short quality survey shortly after the event, and an impact survey after six months.
To explore further opportunities, keep an eye on our events page.
Cancellations will only be considered in duly documented cases of “force majeure”. Unjustified cancellation can lead to exclusion in future Business Acceleration Services events.
Should you have any questions regarding the event or your eligibility, please contact us through our contact page (please choose “EIC T2M Entrepreneurship Programme” as the subject).
Make sure to apply until 7 April 2023!